Jessica Branch, LCPC, Bilingual Counselor (Spanish)
If you are looking for a collaborative and kind counselor to consult with about a problem that has either come into your life recently, or a problem that has been around for a long time, you have found the right person. My goal as a counselor is to provide you with a safe and respectful environment where you can talk through what is causing you difficulties in your life. Then, we will collaboratively work to reduce the effects of the problem(s), so that you will become more able to live your life the way you want!
My specialty is working individually with college students, and adults. I provide individual therapy services primarily in English, but I do speak some Spanish and can help this way as necessary. I have helped many late teens, college students and adults to cope with a variety of problems, such as anxiety, stress, depression, grief, divorce, addictive behaviors, self-harming behaviors, relationship difficulties, and family challenges.
If problems are making your life complicated or difficult, please give me a call. We will set up an initial appointment to discuss your current concerns and for you to experience how I can support you. If it feels like a good fit, we will set up regular sessions, typically weekly, until the problem is no longer causing concerns.
- 17 years of experience providing individual therapy, adjunctive family sessions, and Mindfulness workshops
- Utilizing Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Ideas, Family Systems, and Mindfulness Techniques
- Providing Meditation and Mindfulness classes to USG students and the greater community
- B.A.,1993, Spanish, Psychology/Communications Minors Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico
- M.A.Ed., 1997, Counselor Education, VPI &SU
- Additional Coursework: Johns Hopkins University, Bowie State University, and Kaplan University
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Maryland